| Module Info
| Add a review of Locale-Maketext-Lexicon
This module lets you mix styles of localization in a single application. For example, my code all uses Locale::Maketext to insert localized strings into my code, but I use GNU Gettext .po files to store strings for the various languages because they're easier for translators than Locale::Maketext syntax. This module provides the glue to update the .po files from my loc(...) commands in my .tt and .pm files during development, and to transform the .po files into Locale::Maketext .pm files during deployment.
However, I found that I had some idiosyncracies in my workflow that didn't match the expectations of this module. I ended up using Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::Gettext->parse(), but wrote my own Locale::Maketext .pm exported from a Data::Dumper representation of that parsed data -- only about 20 lines of code, but a little unpleasant nonetheless. I use the parsed data to output my own homebrew .js localization files too.
I've used this module a lot so far. Just by a short glimpse at the documentation I was able to use it, and I've had no problems at all so far, except for the utf-8 support in the past, but that's all solved now.