- Fast. Seriously fast.
- It does a small set of things very well.
- Great documentation.
- Author is very responsive.
- Author has looked closely at similar modules on CPAN.
- Completely self-contained if not on Win32.
- On Win32 you get a huge dependency chain. Crypt::URandom and Crypt::Random::Seed both do the Win32 API internally, avoiding Any::Moose and the rest of Crypt::Random::Source.
- The random source is unable to be changed from /dev/urandom. This is arguably a feature, as adding options can lead to mistakes or security issues; however it could be problematic for people who want or need a different source.
2 out of 2 found this review helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No