HTML::Widget makes use of Module::Pluggable::Fast, but when I used it with catalyst and mod perl I found that taint checking would fail when I tried to use the module on SUSE 10. The solution seemed to be to just use Module::Pluggable instead.
This doesn't appear to do anything that the latest version of Module::Pluggable can't do and lacks tests. It would probably have been better to have provided a patch to Module::Pluggable to offer an alternate interface.
It is noted that the author doesn't do himself any favours by unethically rating his own module.
I still stand by my view that this would be best provided as a set of patches to Module::Pluggable.